Deep And Emotional Mahatma Gandhi Quotes

Deep And Emotional Mahatma Gandhi Quotes

Speak only if it improves upon the silence.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
There is no principle worth the name if it is not wholly good.
Nothing has saddened me so much in life as the hardness of heart of educated people.
A weak man is just by accident. A strong but nonviolent man is unjust by accident.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice.
Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone believing it to be God.
I will far rather see the race of man extinct than that we should become less than beasts by making the noblest of God’s creation, woman, the object of our lust.
It is any day better to stand erect with a broken and bandaged head then to crawl on one’s belly, in order to be able to save one’s head.
Study not man in his animal nature – man following the laws of the jungle – but study man in all his glory.
I do not believe that multiplication of wants and machinery contrived to supply them is taking the world a single step nearer its goal… I whole-heartedly detest this mad desire to destroy distance and time, to increase animal appetites and go to the ends of the earth in search of their satisfaction. If modern civilization stands for all this, and I have understood it to do so, I call it Satanic.
Before the throne of the Almighty, man will be judged not by his acts but by his intentions. For God alone reads our hearts.
I do all the evil I can before I learn to shun it? Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up.
I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul.
I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
The rich cannot accumulate wealth without the co-operation of the poor in society. 
There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.
Rights that do not flow from duty well performed are not worth having.
If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts