Mahatma Gandhi Quotes About Truth

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes About Truth

Truth never damages a cause that is just.
A man of truth must also be a man of care.
In judging myself I shall try to be as harsh as truth, as I want others also to be.
Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.
The seeker after truth should be humbler than the dust. The world crushes the dust under its feet, but the seeker after truth should so humble himself that even the dust could crush him. Only then, and not till then, will he have a glimpse of truth.
There is nothing on earth that I would not give up, excepting of course, two things and two things only, truth and nonviolence.
Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
Silence has now become both a physical and spiritual necessity for me. Originally it was taken to relieve the sense of pressure. Then I wanted time for writing. After, however, I had practiced it for some time I saw the spiritual value of it. It suddenly flashed across my mind that that was the time when I could best hold communion with God. And now I feel as though I was naturally built for silence.
What is Truth? A difficult question; but I have solved it for myself by saying that it is what the “voice within” tells you.
All that I can in true humility present to you is that Truth is not to be found by anybody who has not got an abundant sense of humility. If you would swim on the bosom of the ocean of Truth you must reduce yourself to zero.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
But it is impossible for us to realize perfect truth so long as we are imprisoned in this mortal frame.
Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time. 
Truth, purity, self-control, firmness, fearlessness, humility, unity, peace, and renunciation – these are the inherent qualities of a civil resister.
Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.
The pursuit of truth does not permit violence on one’s opponent.
It has often occurred to me that a seeker after Truth has to be silent.
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts