Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Leadership, Strength And Weakness

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On Leadership, Strength And Weakness

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. 
Those who cannot renounce attachment to the results of their work are far from the path.
I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stifled. I want all the cultures of all lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.
Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes without seeking and is retained without effort.
Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.
There is nothing more potent than thought. Deed follows word and word follows thought. The word is the result of a mighty thought, and where the thought is mighty and pure the result is always mighty and pure.
It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh.
For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion.
I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
No man loses his freedom except through his own weakness.
Men aspiring to be free can hardly think of enslaving others.
A leader is useless when he acts against the promptings of his own conscience.
Man has always desired power. Ownership of property gives this power. Man hankers also after posthumous fame based on power.
Some form of common worship and a common place of worship appear to be a human necessity.
God’s word is: ‘He who strives never perishes’. I have implicit faith in that promise.
Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.
The difficulty one experiences in meeting himsa arises from weakness of mind.
It is weakness which breeds fear, and fear breeds distrust.
Perfect nonviolence is difficult. It admits to no weakness.
The best way of losing a cause is to abuse your opponent and to trade upon his weakness.
Life is an aspiration. Its mission is to strive after perfection, which is self-realization. The ideal must not be lowered because of our weaknesses or imperfections.
Nonviolent resistance implies the very opposite of weakness. Defiance combined with non-retaliatory acceptance of repression from one’s opponents is active, not passive.
A definite forgiveness would mean a definite recognition of our strength. 
If we were strong, self-respecting and not susceptible to frightfulness, the foreign rulers would have been powerless for mischief.
The greater our innocence, the greater our strength and the swifter our victory.
A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so. (Could falsely be attributed to Gandhi https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/08/02/gandhi-customer/)
If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.
I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.
Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business.
I regard myself as a soldier, though a soldier of peace.
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts