The Best Quotes About Writing For Children

Quotes About Writing For Children

I don’t write for children. I write. And somebody says, that’s for children. Maurice Sendak 
I don’t want to write for adults. I want to write for readers who can perform miracles. Only children perform miracles when they read. Astrid Lindgren
Anyone who writes down to children is simply wasting his time. You have to write up, not down. E.B. White
Writing for children is bloody difficult; books for children are as complex as their adult counterparts, and they should therefore be accorded the same respect. Mark Haddon
One of the nicest things about writing for children is that you don’t find them deconstructing novels. Either they like it or they don’t like it. J.K. Rowling
I didn’t write with a target audience in mind. What excited me was how much I would enjoy writing about Harry. I never thought about writing for children ― children’s books chose me. I think if it is a good book anyone will read it. J.K. Rowling
A writer has the duty to be good, not lousy; true, not false; lively, not dull; accurate, not full of error. He should tend to lift people up, not lower them down. Writers do not merely reflect and interpret life, they inform and shape life. E.B. White
You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children. Madeleine L’Engle
So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads. Dr. Seuss
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts