Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On God, Jesus And Faith

Mahatma Gandhi Quotes On God, Jesus And Faith
God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless. 
Faith becomes lame, when it ventures into matters pertaining to reason.
A vow is a purely religious act which cannot be taken in a fit of passion. It can be taken only with a mind purified and composed and with God as witness.
Only he can take great resolves who has indomitable faith in God and has fear of God.
It is the faith that steers us through stormy seas, faith that moves mountains and faith that jumps across the ocean.
Though we may know Him by a thousand names, He is one and the same to us all.
Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians – you are not like him.
It is beyond my power to induce in you a belief in God. There are certain things which are self proved and certain which are not proved at all.
For me the voice of God, of Conscience, of Truth or the Inner Voice or ‘the still small Voice’ mean one and the same thing.
I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him.
But for my faith in God, I should have been a raving maniac.
I have never found Him lacking in response. I have found Him nearest at hand when the horizon seemed darkest—in my ordeals in jails when it was not all smooth sailing for me. I cannot recall a moment in my life when I had a sense of desertion by God.
I’m a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours. I simply want to please my own conscience, which is God.
Satan’s successes are the greatest when he appears with the name of God on his lips.
Faith is not a delicate flower which would wither under the slightest stormy weather. Faith is like the Himalaya mountains which cannot possibly change. No storm can possibly remove the Himalaya mountains from their foundations… And I want every one of you to cultivate that faith in God and religion.
That faith is of little value which can flourish only in fair weather. Faith in order to be of any value has to survive the severest trials. Your faith is a whited sepulcher if it cannot stand against the calumny of the whole world.
Cultivation of tolerance for other faiths will impart to us a truer understanding of our own.
One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.
My religion is based on truth and nonviolence. Truth is my God. Nonviolence is the means of realising Him.
God is, even though the whole world deny him. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.
God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.
Each one prays to God according to his own light.
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts