Solitude Quotes About Nature

Solitude Quotes About Nature

Go out and walk. That is the glory of life. Maira Kalman 
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. Vincent Van Gogh
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore. Lord Byron
To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude. Jeanne Moreau
All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking. Friedrich Nietzsche
No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength. Jack Kerouac
Although I have a regular work schedule, I take time to go for long walks on the beach so that I can listen to what is going on inside my head. If my work isn’t going well, I lie down in the middle of a workday and gaze at the ceiling while I listen and visualize what goes on in my imagination. Albert Einstein
The hardest walk you can make, is the walk you make alone, but that is the walk that makes you the strongest. Unknown
There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you… In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. Ruth Stout
It seemed to be a necessary ritual that he should prepare himself for sleep by meditating under the solemnity of the night sky… a mysterious transaction between the infinity of the soul and the infinity of the universe. Victor Hugo
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike. John Muir (The Yosemite)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau
We talk of communing with Nature, but ’tis with ourselves we commune… Nature furnishes the conditions – the solitude – and the soul furnishes the entertainment. John Burroughs
No phone. No pool. No pets. No cigarettes. Ultimate freedom… No longer to be poisoned by civilization, he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become Lost in the Wild. Christopher McCandless (Into The Wild)
What a thing it is to sit absolutely alone in the forest at night. Thomas Merton
An artist should stay for long periods of time looking at the stars in the night sky. Marina Abramović
      The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts