Mirza Ghalib Inspirational Quotes


If there is a knower of tongues here, fetch him; There's a stranger in the city And he has many things to say. -  Mirza Ghalib

Whereas it is difficult for everything to work out easily, A man cannot even afford to be a human. " -  Mirza Ghalib

There are so many in this gathering who wish the candle well.But if the being of the candle is melting, what can the sorrow-sharers do? " -  Mirza Ghalib
Again, my mind drifts to your street! But I remind myself that that is where my heart was lost. . What utterly abandoned land this is! The desert makes me think about my house. " -  Mirza Ghalib

Love demands patience, desire is restless; What color shall I paint the heart, until you savage it? You shall not ignore me when the time comes, I know, but I may turn to dust before the news reaches you." -  Mirza Ghalib

It is easy to be human, very hard to be humane. " -  Mirza Ghalib

In Paradise it is true that I shall drink at dawn the pure wine mentioned in the Koran, but where in Paradise are the long walks with intoxicated friends in the night, or the drunken crowds shouting merrily? Where shall I find there the intoxication of Monsoon clouds? Where there is no Autumn how can Spring exist? If the beautiful houris are always there, where will be the sadness of a separation and the joy of union? Where shall we find there a girl who flees away when we would kiss her?"  -  Mirza Ghalib

Whoever can't see the whole in every part plays at blind man's bluff. A wise man tastes the entire Tigris in every sip.  -  Mirza Ghalib

The object of my worship lies beyond perceptions reach; For men who see, the Ka'ba is a compass, nothing more." -  Mirza Ghalib
This earth, burnished by hearing the name, is so certain of love,
that the sky bends unceasingly down, to greet its own light." -  Mirza Ghalib

Share:

Popular Posts

Pageviews past week

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts